History and Facts about Skrill
Skrill is an online payment service that allows people to transfer money and make transactions online. It was established in 2001 and it is now owned by Paysafe Group alongside Neteller and PaySafeCard.
Skill began as an eCommerce payment company that specializes in online gambling. Today, it is a payment service that allows people to send money around the globe. When you open an account on this site, you’ll get access to their services as well as wallet. You can use it to pay with Skrill casino, purchase things online, or even withdraw your balance to your bank account or a Skrill MasterCard.
Skrill is a rebranded business that used to be called Moneybookers before 2001. They have millions of customers and its parent company Paysafe has offices in over 20 locations worldwide.
Safety of Playing at a Skrill Casino
This company is regulated and authorized by many regulators including UK’s FCA and the US Department of Treasure’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network. Because of all this, you can gamble at a top Skrill casino with an added layer of security since you won’t be providing your banking details directly on the new site.
What Alternatives for payments are Offered in Skrill Casinos?
Since this is one of the most frequently used payment methods, you’ll probably find it in the majority of casinos online. In the best Skrill casino, you’ll find a variety of options, including some alternatives to this wallet. These include:
- Online payment systems like Neteller, TransferWise, PayPal, etc.
- Prepaid cards like PaySafeCard
- Direct banking systems like Interac
- Wire transfers, etc.
Making Skrill Deposits
To make a deposit Skrill casino, you should follow these steps:
- Set up your Skrill account on the official website (click on ‘open a free account’ to do this).
- Find a casino that has this banking method in their list of banking methods and choose it.
- You’ll be re-directed to Skrill. When you are, log into your account.
- Select the amount you wish to deposit and confirm.
Making deposits with this e-wallet is instant on most casino websites.
Making Skrill Withdrawals
The majority of casino sites will allow you to use this method for withdrawals also. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the withdrawal page of the casino.
- Choose Skrill as a withdrawal option and select the amount you wish to withdraw.
This is an extremely simple process. One of the reasons why people prefer this e-wallet over other methods is that their funds are available within hours, not days or weeks.
Popularity of Using Skrill to Gamble
In the gambling industry, only few of many payment options are top-rated and selected by most players. One of them is this e-wallet. This method is well-established and known to be convenient, safe, and very quick, even for withdrawals.
There are millions of users around the world at this point who utilize the e-wallet, as well as a Prepaid card offered by this company. The revenue of this company exceeds $85 billion per year, and they have over 3000 employees in 12 global locations at this point. In 2019, Juniper Research ranked this company as the number one digital e-wallet online.
Partnership between Skrill and VivaTicket
Skrill announced a global partnership with Vivaticket, a major international operation in marketing, production, management, and creation of access control systems and electronic ticketing. The e-wallet is now an available option for customers who buy tickets for leading venues and sports team from Vivaticket.
Is Skrill a Sport Sponsor?
In 2018, Skrill signed a sponsorship deal with F5WC, the largest 5-a-side tournament of football in the world. As part of this sponsorship, the company’s logo is featured pitch-side and on team shirts, and their system will be offered on the merchandise website and for team fees. To be more, they announced a sponsorship deal with the LA10 Football Club and acts as front-of-shirt sponsor for the United Premier Soccer League club.
Skrill’s Knect Customer Loyalty Program
Skrill has recently launched a Knect customer loyalty program with amazing rewards schemes for the modern digital merchants and consumers. This program has been created to reward the loyalty of customers by providing them with future value on transactions. You can earn points when you use the MasterCard and wallet thanks to this program, and exchange them for discounts, e-money rewards, and gift cards.
Using Bitcoin to Buy Cryptocurrencies on Skrill
The company first launched a cryptocurrency program in 2018. In November of 2019, they started allowing customers to use Bitcoin to purchase other cryptocurrencies. This way, customers don’t have to change their cryptocurrencies into cash just to purchase a new cryptocurrency, which results in lower fees.
Why You Should or Shouldn’t Use This Payment Method to Gamble
Here are some pros and cons that come with using this payment method.
- Wide availability of the service (available in 200 countries)
- Personal and business profiles available
- No fixed transfer fees when you send the money into a bank account
- Easy and instant depositing at online casinos and other sites
- An option to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, as well as convert them into other cryptocurrencies
- Offers a prepaid MasterCard
- A user-friendly website and app
- The fee structure is a bit complex
- Exchange fees for international transfers are high
- Is there a Skrill app I can use on my phone?
- The company has a very popular, user-friendly smartphone app for Android and iOS which gives you instant access to your wallet and account. You can use it to check your balance and transfer money.
- Are there any fees that come with using Skrill?
- Skrill has a complex fee system. Deposit fees range between 0% and 1%. Withdrawals can cost a fixed amount of $6 or a percentage such as 7.50% for Visa withdrawals. International transfers are free, but domestic transfers come with a fee that can go up to 2%. Thankfully, when you receive money from a casino site, for example, there’s no applicable fee.
- Is Paysafe and Skrill the same thing?
- No. Skrill is an online payments system that allows you to transfer money and make transactions online. Paysafe is a company that owns Skrill, as well as other companies like Neteller and Paysafecard.