Top 10 Betting Sites UK
Sports betting websites are platforms where you can find thousands of events and place wagers on your popular teams and sports options. However, before choosing one of the brands for your future destination, it would be useful to check the following list of top ten betting sites:
- 888 Sports
- William Hill
How We Rate Best Online Betting Sites
Starting your experience at the best betting sites in the United Kingdom should be a pleasant and smooth experience. We are sportsbook professionals, having decades of experience in betting on famous events and categories. That being said, we always look to find the provider with the best features including the following elements:
The reputation of the bookmaker is one of the most important elements for users. If you decide to spend some time at a certain site, you will pay attention to what kind of licence it has and what is the security level. Additionally, you want to know what other users say about the platform, how long it operates in the market, and similar.
Another essential element of a sportsbook provider is a selection of bonuses. If you are able to claim a welcome offer alongside reload offers, cashback, and no deposit promos, then you are advised to stay with the brand.
An overall experience of bettors is equally important as you want to feel safe and pleasant at the site. If the site suits you in terms of features, colors, animation, and sound effects, then it works for you in the future.
When searching for the best betting company, you also want to find whether it accepts mobile betting. If the site is fully optimized for different devices including Android, iPhone, or Windows, then it seems a great option. It would be best that site has both app and browser-based mode.
The number of featured sports categories is also crucial as you want to have access to the most popular events from football, basketball, tennis, hockey, baseball, boxing, and more.
The winning odds are among the most vital factors as you want to wager money only if you have real chances to win something. If the odds are on the standard level or above the average, then you can be happy about that.
Safety and security
The level of safety is even more important, as you want to be secure while wagering on popular events. Just check the SSL encryption and other security features such as RNG games to rest assured about the chance.
A licence is a sign that you can believe in the casino if you have some problems at the site. Leading brands have a licence from the UK Gambling Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, or other respected organizations in the sector.
The list of baking options at the best betting website should be versatile. If you are able to use anything from credit and debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, crypto, and similar, you can enjoy the experience.
When playing popular titles and coming across a certain issue, you want to be sure that everything will be resolved quickly. That’s why you need to stick to the sites with professional and always available support with 24/7 coverage via live chat, email, and phone.
What Is Sports Betting?
Sports betting is a widely-known gambling form, where you need to place a wager in order to predict the outcome of a particular event. Many land-based bookmakers have already gone online and now bettors can choose from various sports betting categories including football, horse racing, tennis, and baseball, among others.
Most countries have legalized sports betting as an online gambling form, and now it works as a legitimate option. The idea behind sports betting is that you need to place money and make some profit by predicting the outcome of a sports match. If your prediction is true, then you will win and the opposite.
Advantages And Disadvantages of Online Betting
Players who are interested in wagering at the best betting site should consider the benefits and drawbacks of this activity:
- You can place bet anytime and anyplace: There is no longer any restriction in terms of location or working time of the bookmakers, so you are completely free
- Bettors are able to analyze options thanks to the statistics feature and additional tools
- The experience is convenient especially when you want to bet several matches or events
- It is possible to watch live streams of favorite events and follow results in live time
- If choosing online sports betting sites, you can claim different bonuses and rewards while wagering money
- It has become available for all sorts of customers including those with a small budget
- Sports betting can become very addictive; It can lead to possible problems when you spend all your money and borrow it in order to place bets
- Online sports betting accounts can be hacked by third parties and your personal and financial information endangered
- Payouts could take longer than expected which sounds frustrating
- There is no live interaction with other players as everything happens online
- Sometimes costs for transactions can be very high
Online Betting In UK
Over the past decade, the online gambling industry in the UK has registered the biggest growth ever. When the Gambling Act was first approved on April 7th in 2005, this was the turning point for the gambling industry. Ever since, online betting became so widespread and popular, it has taken a huge slice of the overall revenue of the market.
According to statistics in 2018, the UK market’s gambling revenue hit over 14 billion, which is a 4.2% rise from the previous years. Out of these numbers, the online casino games accounted for most, while online betting ranked second.
Because of the popularity of online gambling, almost every best betting company chose to create a virtual version of their traditional betting offer. Moreover, online betting is more affordable for the casinos and establishments, too, making this a more affordable option for the players, too. This compared to the flexibility online betting offers, are the two biggest reasons why the land based betting took a hit.
Betting companies today put a great focus and investment into the online gambling industry. On online sites you can now find the best bet offers in the UK, which makes it natural for people to choose this option instead of the land-based casinos and betting establishments.
When it comes to sports betting sites in the United Kingdom, the most important aspects of their operation are legality and current regulation.
Sports betting is fully legal in the United Kingdom, so customers don’t have to worry about breaching any law. The UK is one of the first countries that legalized land-based and online wagering. Brick and mortar venues were legalized with the adoption of The Betting and Gaming Act of 1960 while The Gambling Act 2005 introduced new rules regarding online wagering. At the moment, you can find many betting shops across the country with Ladbrokes having about 4000 in total, William Hill 2300, and Betfred having 1320 betting shops.
Sports betting in the UK is regulated by the UK Gambling Commission. With the introduction of The Gambling Licensing and Advertising Act of 2014, all remote companies with gaming activity were required to register as of 1st October 2014. All providers were required to finish the registration before being able to receive a licence. At the moment, gambling sites need a special licence for offering any kind of content including poker, bingo, sports, casino, or lottery. Providers that do not adhere to these rules breach the act which is subject to responsibility according to the Criminal Law.
As soon as you are ready to start wagering on the best betting sites in the United Kingdom, you should also be familiar with existing bonuses. This is a great way to start your online betting experience by using additional cash to increase your winning chances.
This is one of the best offers you can find at all UK sports betting sites. As part of the bonus, you can place a bet without spending your cash. To qualify for this offer, you will typically need to complete the first deposit upon finishing the registration process at the selected platform. For example, you may receive £30 in free bet if you deposit a minimum of £10.
This is another usual offer at sports betting sites, reserved for new customers. The only requirement is that the bettor places a minimum wager on a certain event, a selection of events, or any combo of the events. In case of a winning bet, you will get money. If you lose, then you will get back a bet in the form of bonus money. For instance, you can receive money back upon signing up at the site and entering a certain bonus code.
Enhanced Odds Offer
In the case of an enhanced odds deal, customers have an opportunity to bet on a particular event with better winning odds than in normal situations. This indicates that you will get more if the bet is winning than in the normal case. These promos are usually connected to certain events, so you need to benefit from them quickly.
Matched Deposit Offer
This is one of the most typical offers at sports betting sites in the United Kingdom. A matched deposit at sportsbook platforms works in an identical way as at casinos. For instance, you can receive a 50% match on the first deposit up to a maximum of £100. To be eligible for this offer, you should make a minimum deposit at the selected sportsbook provider.
Mobile Betting at Best UK Betting Sites
The possibility of betting from any possible place is important for players around the globe. With the regular progress in the tech industry, UK sports betting companies have started to optimize their platforms for mobile customers. Now you can place bets from any place by using a portable device whether Android or iOS.
Many sites have also introduced dedicated apps, so you can download them and keep them on the home screen. Just check the list of UK sports betting sites and choose the one which is available on mobile.
Online Betting Markets UK
When becoming a member of a certain bookmaker, you need to search for a variety. Apart from football, you should check other sections such as horse racing, tennis, golf, boxing and similar.
This is the most famous category in the United Kingdom, with the ultimate popularity of the English Premier League. According to the estimations, about £3 million in wagers are placed on every single match in The First League. There is also a huge interest in the Champions League in the country where up to four teams could qualify directly from the first league. Make sure to choose the best football betting sites such as Betway and place the first bet.
As one of the oldest categories in the United Kingdom, many players regularly choose horse racing betting. During the seasons, it is possible to bet on daily events and enjoy the most intricate race tracks in the world. The most famous event is Grand National, taking place in Liverpool and attracting people from all over the world to follow the event. Another important occasion is Cheltenham Festival, taking one week and finishing with the Gold Cup event. The best option for patrons is William Hill.
Tennis is a traditional sport in the United Kingdom. The country is known for one of the most reputable Grand Slams in the world, Wimbledon. The tournament attracts the most visitors and the betting community who enjoy placing different wagers. There are many markets to select from and you can benefit from in-play tennis betting, place a bet on the outcome of a certain event, the number of points, an ace, and more. The most recommended platform, in this case, is Unibet.
Another popular market in the United Kingdom is golf. The most known events are The Masters taking place in April, the PGA Championship occurring in May, and US Open happening in June. When it comes to July, you can bet on the Open Championship and round up the successful year.
When it comes to boxing, bettors especially enjoy the biggest box matches during the year when the most wagers are accepted. These events are more than anticipated and the most popular brand for MMA is William Hill.
When it comes to Formula 1 events, players in the UK enjoy watching and wagering on famous teams and drivers. They mostly prefer Hamilton who has already won the title several times. However, they also wager on teams such as Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull, and similar.
Banking Methods for Sports Betting In UK
Banking options at the best UK bookmakers are secure and safe. This means that you can select from different options and enjoy smooth and simple transactions. The most frequent methods are:
- Debit cards: The most used debit card is Visa and players prefer it due to its well-known features and simplicity. To complete a payment, just enter the details from your card including name, card number, and expiration date. For the initial deposit, make sure to provide an image of the card. Deposits are instant with debit cards and withdrawals could take up to 3 days.
- PayPal: It has a long tradition at British gambling platforms. Starting from 2018, it has been accepted for both deposits and payouts. To complete the transaction via PayPal, just enter your account name and the sum you want to transfer. Next, just confirm the transaction and complete the verification in two steps. Both deposits and cashouts are instant.
- Skrill: Skrill or MoneyBookers is one of the most used eWallets for those who don’t prefer using cards for making transactions. It works in an identical way and you only need to load your account and use the real money from Skrill to complete transfers.
- Neteller: It is owned by the same company as Skrill, Paysafe, so it also works on the same principles. If you want to create an account for this e-wallet, you will need a valid email address. Just link your bank card with Neteller and transfer funds to your balance. Once you wish to make a deposit at a selected site, visit the cashier section and select the method and amount you want. Deposits are instant and withdrawals could take up to 48 hours.
- Apple Pay: Mobile and contactless payments have become the latest trends in both the retail and online industry. To use Apple Pay at UK bookmaker, just choose the option from the cashier section, enter your Apple ID and the money will be ready for use. Deposits are immediate and withdrawals can take up to 48 hours.
- Bitcoin: This is one of the most popular methods for secure and anonymous payments. When you use bitcoin, you transfer money from your e-wallet to the merchant and there is no inclusion of any financial institution. Bitcoin is suitable for both payments and withdrawals and many sites accept the option. Apart from BTC, players will also be able to use other crypto options such as Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and many more.
- Paysafecard: The method is owned by Paysafe company (the same which stands behind Skrill and Neteller). However, it doesn’t work as an e-wallet, but as an e-voucher. It is possible to buy these vouchers from local vendors and use them for making online transactions. Paysafecard voucher includes 16 digits. To use the method, just select it from the cashier section and enter your code. The method is available only for deposits and withdrawals are excluded.
- Boku: This is a well-known method where you use a mobile account to complete payments at top sportsbook sites. After selecting Boku, all you need is to enter the phone number and the amount of deposit. Next, you get an SMS with the instructions to confirm the transfer. If everything is fine, your payment will show up on the next phone bill. Boku has some drawbacks including high fees and deposit limits of up to £30 per day.
Compare Payment Methods
|Method||Min Transaction||Max Transaction||Withdrawal time|
|Visa||£10||Set by bookmaker||1-3 days|
|Mastercard||£10||Set by provider||1-3 days|
|Apple Pay||£5||£10000||3-5 days|
How To Find Best Betting Website?
Before starting an experience at the UK site with the best betting offers, you need to follow several steps and find the provider which has the top features and utmost security. It would also be beneficial to adhere to several steps:
- Choose Bookmaker from Our Rating: First things first, choosing one of the bookmakers from our list is more than recommended. Every site from our list is reputable, licensed, secure with a selection of betting markets and the highest odds in the industry.
- Read Expert Reviews: Before picking one of the brands, make sure to check the reviews from our experts. We test different bookmakers by comparing their offers and features. We only recommend sites with high security and the top standards in the industry.
- Go To Betting Site, Create Account: If you are sure that the site works for you, then you should visit the betting platform and complete the registration process. The sign up process is easy as you are only required to fill fields with personal information, your email, and similar details. Be sure to accept the terms and conditions of the site and finish the process.
- Place Your Bets and Win: Upon registration at the site, you can complete the first deposit and choose from different betting markets such as football, basketball, tennis, hockey, baseball, golf, and more.
Closer Look at Best Online Betting Sites
If you plan to play at the best sportsbook sites in the United Kingdom, you should choose only reputable and respected brands. Our list of bookmakers consists of well-known brands with the top features and unique offers:
Bet365 is one of the leading bookmakers in the United Kingdom, established in 2000. This is an independent provider of sports betting content with a licence from the UKGC. The site stands out with top games and generous promotions. First, if you sign up, there is an excellent welcome bonus of up to £100 as free credits. To qualify for the offer, just make at least £5.
Bet365 is a well-known provider of live streaming, so you can enjoy favorite matches either from your mobile phone or desktop. Deposits and withdrawals are possible via Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, PayPal, Paysafecard, and Bank transfer, among others.
BetVictor went online in 1999 as one of the most established brands in the UK, with licences from the local Gambling Commission and Gibraltar authority. When wagering on popular events, you will be able to choose anything from football, golf, horse racing, and cricket.
BetVictor sponsored prestigious clubs such as s Chelsea and had ambassadors such as Michael Owen and Harry Redknapp. The platform is also known for running different promotions for its users such as Harry’s Picks Free Bet, Run For Your Money, and Acca Insurance. It supports players with gambling problems and provides assistance via different methods.
888Sports is a reputable brand in the industry, established in 2008. It allows users to choose from various betting markets and enjoy a fair and secure online experience. The brand has licences from the UK Gambling Commission and Gibraltar, with a strong influence in the market.
If you sign up at the platform, you will have to bet £10 and receive £30 in free bets. Its sportsbook offer is filled with football and horse racing, but you can also find other categories. When it comes to deposits, 888 Sports accepts different options such as debit cards, e-wallets, and similar. Withdrawals are processed within 48 hours via cards and e-wallet transfers can take up to 24 hours.
Owned by Betway Group, the same-named bookmaker was established in 2005. It has licences from the UKGC and Malta Gaming Authority and allows users to choose from a range of available bets. Here you will find basketball, football, UFC, hockey, NBA, NFC, and many more. The site works perfectly on mobile phones both Android and Apple.
New users who register at the platform will have a chance to claim a 100% up to £250 on the first payment. The second deposit comes with a 25% match up to £250 while the third deposit delivers a 50% match up to £500. As for other benefits, customers can enjoy live betting, odds boosts, and early cashouts.
Established in 2000, Betfair is another respected sportsbook brand based in the United Kingdom. It has licences from the UKGC and Gibraltar with strong security standards.
New users who register can claim an excellent welcome offer or up to £100 in free bets. To qualify for this deal, you should first place 5 bets at £10 and get £20. In the next step, just place additional 5 bets of £10 and get up to £100. All bets have to be placed at 1.50 odds or greater and Free bets are used in 7 days.
When it comes to the sportsbook choice, you will enjoy football, horse racing, and tennis, with the opportunity to choose from 100+ markets. Payments are available via different methods such as Mastercard, Visa, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, and more.
Paddypower has been operating in the gambling market since 1998. They are known as sponsors to top teams such as Huddersfield Town FC. The brand has a licence from the UKGC and delivers a range of promotions for its users. New users who create an account can get a free bet up to £10. All they need is to use code “YSKA00”, make at least a £10 payment and place the wager. If your bet is losing, then you will receive a free wager up to £10.
Paddypower is available on both desktop and mobile devices, so you can access the site anytime. There are a lot of options you can select from including cricket, tennis, football, fantasy sports, golf, and NBA. The site is another supporter of responsible gambling practice and provides support via several channels.
William Hill is a leader in the industry, operating online since 1990. As one of the most successful platforms in the market, it has licences from the UKGC and Gibraltar Authority. The brand stands out with more than 40 sports, a range of promotions, and an in-play platform.
If you register as a new player, you can get £30 in free bets, or two free wagers for £15. To qualify for the offer, you need to make at least £10 at odds 1/2 or bigger. The overall match bonus at William Hill is 300%. Apart from the welcome deal, you will find other regular offers on different events. If choosing the football section, you can place bets on one of 200 leagues.
Unibet was founded in 1997 and has become one of the giants in the sector. They stem from the Scandinavian ground but provide their services to other 200 countries. They sponsor many leading teams such as Preston North End FC, Southampton FC, Leeds United FC, Middlesbrough FC, and Derby County FC. As for features, Unibet has a range of offers and live streaming available.
New players who register at the site will have a chance to claim a risk-free bet up to £40. Just place the first bet of £10 at odds of 1.40 and if you lose, you will get a refunded stake up to £40. There are also additional promos such as Stars and Stripes Jackpot, Multi Boost, Extra Place Specials, and more. Unibet is accessible both from desktop and mobile.
Mr. Play is an excellent brand, established in 2009. However, sports betting has been available since 2019. It is owned by Aspire Global International LTD and has licences from the UKGC and the MGA. Here you will find a range of sports categories such as football, basketball, and tennis. As part of the in-play section, you will find more than 1000 events on a daily level. Every football event comes with more than 70 bet options. Payments can be done via 15+ methods and the site is fully optimized for mobile devices.
How To Start with Online Betting at best betting websites
To start an online betting experience in the United Kingdom, you should follow several steps and get access to top sports categories:
- Sign Up: This is the first and easiest step at any bookmaker. Everything you need is to follow prompts from the screens and finish the registration. You will need to click on the sign up button and then fill in the form with details such as first, last name, email, password, address, postcode, and more. This information should be accurate, so avoid filling false details. Once you’re done, confirm the details and accept the T&C to finish the sign up procedure.
- Verify Account: As soon as you fill the registration form, the provider will send you an email to the provided address. By clicking on the link from the email, you need to verify an account in order to get access to your favorite games. It is also important to complete identity verification by submitting a copy of your ID or driving licence. The latter is important for smooth and swift withdrawals.
- Make Deposit: The first step after signing up and account verification is depositing. Be sure that the site accepts one of your preferred payment options and select it for all future transactions. You can do the same by visiting the cashier section, selecting the deposit method and the amount you want. Confirm your deposit and you will see money available almost instantly.
- Place Bet: Once you have available funds on your balance, you can place the first wager. This means choosing a relevant betting market with the best possible bets. After you’ve placed a bet, just follow the event and hope for the best. Many bookmakers allow users to follow events in live time, so you can always be informed about the latest updates.
Best Betting Sites for Newbies
If you are a new player from the United Kingdom, you should stick to the following brands:
- 888 Sports
- William Hill
- Is It Possible to Bet Online?
- Thanks to technology and the Internet, it’s now possible to bet online. You can bet on all kinds of things, including sports and races, as well as gamble at casinos and playing casino games. In fact, this is so popular and widespread now, that there are thousands of betting websites available for you to bet online.
- What Payment Methods are Accepted By the Best Online Betting Sites?
- The best sports betting sites will give you versatile options for payment. You can use your credit and debit cards, pick an e-wallet option from their list, or opt for a wire transfer that gets the money directly into your bank account. All these can vary in terms of processing time and fees.
- Is It Safe to Bet Online?
- Betting online is safe as long as you find the best UK betting site to put your wager in. The best betting websites use highly advanced, encrypted and secure payment systems that are used by banks. This can be further secured if you choose one of the safest-known payment methods such as pay by phone or e-wallets.
- Is Online Betting Legal in the UK?
- In the UK, it is entirely legal to gamble online as long as you’re of age and are a UK resident. That being said, as a UK resident, you can play at poker rooms, online casinos, bingo sites, lottery sites, and sportsbooks.
- Is Online Betting Regulated by Law in the UK?
- The Gambling Act of 2015 also established the UK Gambling Commission, an independent public body funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport in the UK. This is the official body responsible for commercial gambling in the country, which means that it oversees every gambling sector like betting, arcades, casinos, bingo, lotteries, gambling software and machines, etc. The only betting form that isn’t in the scope of responsibility of the UKGC is the speed betting. This is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.