What Kind of Deposit is SMS Casino Deposit?
Modern top quality casinos today allow players to deposit by sending an SMS. If your choice is a casino were deposit by SMS, your gambling amount will be subtracted from your pre-paid credit or phone bill.
There are different services that you might find in terms of casino online sms deposit, but they all work on this same principle – charging your credit or phone bill. This is a very popular option these days since it is highly convenient, you don’t have to enter any banking details, and you can play with money you don’t have on you, similarly to credit cards.
Best SMS Deposit Casinos
How Can You Make an SMS Deposit Casino UK
If you decided to deposit by SMS casino, the process is pretty straightforward. Here is what you should do:
- Choose a casino that offers this option
- Go to the banking page and choose this method
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit
- Type in your phone number
- Wait for a verification code in an SMS
- Send the code to a specified number or write it down on the casino site
With some methods, when you use a casino pay by SMS bill deposit, you’ll receive a confirmation SMS with bill details. On others, you have to check this on your own.
Platforms Where SMS Deposit is Offered
The most popular options offered at a deposit via SMS casino for casino players these days include:
Boku is the widest accepted SMS depositing method, but it is not available for withdrawals. It is considered to be highly secure and you don’t have to register with their website to gamble online. All you need is to pick this payment method and enter your mobile number.
This is not an ideal method for high rollers. You can make a $10 deposit on one go and the maximum you can deposit in a day is $30. When you authorize such a payment, the casino tells Boku to issue a charge. It is up to your contract provider how big an additional charge to your bill they’ll provide. For example, you might deposit $30 as part of your monthly contract, but your bill will include a $35 charge.
ZImpler is a Swedish FinTech company that allows for both deposits and withdrawals being made via SMS. The company was founded in 2016 and is very popular with players in Sweden and Finland. Unfortunately, this option is not available elsewhere.
Zimpler is simple to use and players can set a monthly budget to prevent themselves from gambling more than they planned. It allows for instant deposits and withdrawals for all Swedish banks. Services provided by this company are not free and can range between 9 SEK and 49 SEK.
Siru is a highly popular mobile payment method used at online casinos in the UK and other European countries. You can make a minimum deposit of $10 and a maximum deposit of $20 by using Siru Mobile. There’s a monthly limitation also of $300.
Depending on which casino you use, there can be some minimal fees charged when you use this method. It is accepted in the UK, Sweden, Finland, Norway, and a few other European countries.
Most major mobile networks accept phone payments at casinos. Some of the most frequently used networks for this purpose include T-Mobile, Vodafone, 3, O2, EE, and Orange.
Pros from Making SMS Deposits At Online Casinos
Some benefits from making SMS deposits to gamble online include:
- Simple depositing without the need to enter any banking details
- Most options are free to use (fees are applicable depending on the casino you use)
- Speedy and safe depositing
- Mobile compatibility (most providers are compatible with different networks)
- You can gamble with money that you pay later
Cons from Making SMS Deposits
There are cons from gambling with this method also, and you should know about them before you choose it:
- No withdrawal options available with most such methods
- Not many brands that offer this type of service (brands like Zimpler are not accepted at UK casinos)
- Low deposits only (most methods allow for a maximum of $20 or $30 for daily deposits)
- Can easily lose track of your spending
Alternative Banking Options at Online Casinos
If the disadvantages made you reconsider this option, you should know that most sites will offer you a myriad of alternatives to choose from. Similar options to SMS deposits that allow you to gamble instantly and without providing banking details include:
- Neteller is an e-wallet that you can use on many UK sites these days. You can load it with money and gamble on a casino site without providing any details.
- Skrill is perhaps one of the most frequently found banking options at UK casinos these days. It works similarly to Neteller.
- Paypal is another e-wallet that is not so popular in UK casinos, but you can find it on many international casino sites. It’s also an e-wallet that you can use to gamble and withdraw money to.
- Prepaid cards are pre-loaded vouchers that you can enter on a casino’s site to gamble with a pre-determined sum. Most of these are non-refillable, which means that you can use them only once.
- Can I safely make a deposit via SMS in a casino?
- Betting online via SMS is not only convenient, but it is also safe and easy to use. You won’t be entering any banking details to gamble, and you won’t be a potential victim to fraud or crime.
- How long does it take to make this kind of deposit?
- The method is instant. Once you go through the steps described above and enter your SMS code on the casino site, your account will be instantly loaded with funds.
- Are there fees applicable to this banking option?
- It depends on the casino you choose, as well as your network provider. In most cases, there are minimal fees, but they are often lower than with other banking methods such as e-wallets.