Best Online Blackjack Casino Sites UK
Top UK Casinos for Real Money Blackjack
Importance of Choosing The Best Online Blackjack Casinos
A player’s casino experience is not only about the games or bonuses. It’s also shaped by whether the casino is safe and trustworthy. An unreliable or untrustworthy site increases the risks of unfair games and unfair terms & conditions. Also, there’s a greater risk that the casino will not honour a cashout request.
The best online blackjack sites will offer fair games, reliable customer support when you need to get a hold of them and secure payment options.
Criteria that goes into Selecting the Best Online Blackjack Casino
Several factors go into our methodology for determining the best online casinos for this popular card game, which we’ll briefly describe next:
- Reputation and Reliability: Our Wagering Advisors team want to ensure proper licensing and regulation to know players are in good hands. We never take the casino’s word for it. Instead, we verify license claims for ourselves using the UKGC register.Our team values player word-of-mouth to give us a sense of a site’s reputation. Therefore, we review Trustpilot and other reputable sites for British player opinions, good and bad.
We also examine a site’s security features, including SSL encryption, anti-spam and anti-virus software. It’s essential to see licensed payment providers and ensure all RNG casino games are tested and certified “fair” by independent third parties.
- Blackjack Games Selection: The collection of virtual (RNG) and live dealer blackjack games can differ substantially among casinos. Therefore, our team is on the lookout for sites with a rich selection of both. A good indicator of choice is the number of software providers available.
- Blackjack Quality of user experience: Other factors can significantly impact the user experience. A positive user experience includes an intuitive design, fast loading times, and compatibility with Android/iOS mobile devices.
- Blackjack Available payment methods: The best sites for blackjack recognise the importance of providing various fast, safe and secure payment options. These include debit cards, e-wallets, instant banking, prepaid cards/e-vouchers and bank transfers. All payment providers will be UK-licensed and offer a simple and convenient option for depositing and withdrawing GBP.
- Blackjack Bonuses and promotions: Most casinos offer bonuses and promotions on slots. However, only the best blackjack online casino sites apply them to this popular card game. We like to see frequent and diverse promos, like cashback, match bonuses, tournaments, no deposit bonuses, etc. Our team also examines bonus wagering and T&Cs to confirm they are fair.
The United Kingdom’s Top Online Blackjack Casinos
We provide an overview of UKGC-licensed blackjack sites online, determined to be the best by our experts next:
- Casushi: The bright and colourful sushi-themed Casushi welcomes new players with a delicious 100% match bonus of up to £50 + 50 free spins. The casino offers 15+ RNG blackjack variants from providers like Golden Rock Studios and Microgaming. Exciting examples include 3D, Sweet 16 and 777 Blazing.British players can make payments of as little as £10 using Mastercard/Visa debit cards, Trustly, Neteller, Skrill, Paysafecard, PayPal or bank transfer. Watch for returning player promotions, like Pragmatic Play’s famous Drops & Wins.
- LeoVegas: Award-winning LeoVegas is a well-known brand established in 2012. It has a competitive UK welcome offer of 50 free spins (no wagering requirement) + an up to £100 deposit bonus.The casino has numerous RNG blackjack games, including Multihand (Play’n GO), VIP (Realistic Games) and Classic (NetEnt). Alternatively, enjoy LeoVegas or third-party branded live titles from Playtech, Evolution Gaming, and OnAir Entertainment. Payments are fast using Visa debit, bank transfer, Mastercard debit, Apple Pay or PayPal.
- Rialto Casino: Rank Group subsidiary-operated Rialto is a UK online casino with nearly 30 RNG and live blackjack variants. Some examples include Classic (Realistic), Zappit (Scientific Games), and Vinnie Jones (Real Dealer Studios). Live Blackjack Party and Live Infinite Blackjack from Evolution Gaming are examples of the live dealer side.New players from Britain can collect a first deposit bonus of up to £300 + 200 free spins. A low £10 debit card, PayPal, Paysafecard, or Apple Pay deposit is all that’s necessary to get started. Returning Brits can experience prize wheel daily prizes, tournaments, match bonuses, free spins and a loyalty points program.
- Grosvenor Casino: Grosvenor is another online casino operated by the LSE publicly-listed Rank Group subsidiary. New sign-ups can collect a £50 bonus with a £20 first deposit and go on to enjoy regular promotions, including a loyalty rewards program and prize draws.Brits will find these live dealer card games, with table limits that start from just £0.50 from Evolution Gaming. The RNG version includes colourful ones like Rainbow Blackjack (Realistic Games) and Deal or No Deal Blackjack (Playzido). Using Visa/Mastercard debit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay or Paysafecard, topping up a player account is quick and straightforward.
- All British Casino: UK-online casino All British stands out for its 100% match deposit bonus of up to £100 + 10% cashback. Returning players will find tournaments and a regular 10% cashback offer.Brits have multiple top-up options, including Apple Pay, Paysafecard, Trustly, Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Skrill or Neteller. RNG and live dealer blackjack games are casino staples. Fun options include Live Blackjack VIP and Live Lightning Blackjack (Evolution). On the other hand, there are RNG variants like Sweet 16 (Scientific Games), Classic (Microgaming) and 3D (NYX).
- William Hill: London-based William Hill has a prestigious history dating back to 1934. A £10 first deposit is all that’s required for a new sign-up to collect 100 free spins. After that, regulars might find free spins, prize draws, slot tournaments, Pragmatic Play Drops & Wins promotions, etc.The 50 + blackjack games are a big part of the casino. These include live dealer titles like Vegas Blackjack and Lightning Blackjack (Evolution Gaming). RNG enthusiasts can enjoy fantastic variants like Premium Blackjack and Single Hand Blackjack (Playtech).
Types of Blackjack Games
This card game is available at UK online casinos from various software studios, like Playtech, Evolution Gaming, and Play’n GO. The best blackjack sites have an exciting mix of virtual (RNG) and live dealer variants.
Blackjack types include multi-hand, single deck/multideck, 3D, VIP, European, American, Vegas, Atlantic City, Zappit, Speed, etc.
How to Play Blackjack Online
This card game is played with up to eight decks of cards. The dealer in the RNG version is virtual (computer), whereas the dealer in live blackjack is a real-life person. In all cases, you’re never playing against other players.
The object of the game is to defeat the dealer, accomplished in three ways:
- Have a hand closer to 21 than the dealer’s without going over, which has a payout of 1:1.
- The dealer may bust with a hand exceeding 21, which has a payout of 1:1.
- A player may have a blackjack hand, defined as two cards totalling 21, which has a payout of 3:2.
Cards from 2-10 have the same value displayed on their face. The ace card can have a value of 1 or 11, depending on what is optimal. Face cards (King, Queen, Jack) have a value of 10. A hand is the total of all cards.
After a player has made their bet, the dealer will distribute two facedown cards to the player and a face-up and facedown card to themselves. The player must then decide what action to take based on their hand and the visible faceup card of the dealer.
Part of the fun of this card game is not knowing what will happen next. A player can decide to take one of several actions:
- Hit: Take another card, provided their hand doesn’t exceed 21.
- Stand: Choose to stay with the hand they are holding.
- Surrender: A player who believes they have a losing hand can quit (surrender) for the price of 50% of their original bet.
- Double Down: A player confident with their hand may have the option to double down (double their original bet). However, they will only be allowed to hit one more time.
- Insurance: An insurance side bet option for when a player suspects the dealer may be holding a blackjack hand because the face-up card is an ace. This strategy costs half the original wager and pays 3x bet if their hunch is correct.
- Pair Splitting: Some variants allow pair splitting, i.e., splitting the two cards of the same rank into two hands at the cost of the original bet. Typically, hitting after a split or doubling down is not allowed. Also, an ace and face card is no longer considered a blackjack.
- Even Money Bet: A player can take out an even money bet (side bet) when holding a blackjack, and the dealer’s faceup card is an ace. Effectively, they are hedging against the chance that the dealer also has a blackjack hand, which would result in a ‘push.’ A push is when the player’s original bet is returned. For the price of half their initial bet, a player can win 2x their bet if their hunch turns out to be correct.
Playing Online Versus In-Person Blackjack
It’s difficult to recreate the experience of visiting a land-based casino to play blackjack. The sights, sounds and smells of playing at a brick-and-mortar casino are challenging to duplicate.
However, the online version has several advantages over a land-based casino. It’s more accessible since a player doesn’t need to leave the comfort of their home and can play 24/7. There’s no need to dress up or travel. Also, the online version is available in more variants than land-based blackjack casinos.
Live dealer blackjack recreates some of the atmosphere of playing at a land-based casino via live streaming. Players can even banter amongst themselves or chat with the dealer in a live blackjack room.
Tips for Playing Blackjack
- Always play free online blackjack before playing for real money.
- Make sure you understand the rules, like when the dealer must hit.
- Set a bankroll limit, and don’t deviate from it.
- Select games with the lowest house edge.
- Use a blackjack cheat sheet.
- Avoid side bets, which have significantly higher house edges.
- Take a break when the game isn’t going your way.
Bonuses and Promotions at Online Blackjack Casinos
Blackjack gambling sites offer promotions to new and returning players, which can appear in several shapes:
- Welcome bonuses: This is a new player promotion for those who have yet to make their first deposit. The promotion typically involves a match deposit bonus, sometimes with free spins on select slots. A no deposit bonus may precede it, although this isn’t usually true.
- Match deposit bonus: This offer matches a first real money deposit with a percentage of bonus money up to a maximum amount. For example, a 150% match deposit bonus will award £150 in bonus money with a £100 deposit.
- No deposit bonus: The no deposit bonus is typically a sign-up offer, which awards a small amount of bonus money or free spins. Sometimes, a site will award a no deposit bonus to select regular players to incentivise them to play.
- Reload bonuses: A reload bonus is the regular player equivalent to a new player match deposit bonus with, typically, lower match percentages.
- Cashback bonuses: A promotion that credits bonus money as a percentage of losses. For example, a 25% cashback credits £25 bonus money for each £100 of real money lost, up to a maximum amount. Some cashback offers award real money, although this is less common.
- Loyalty programs: A regular player promotion that awards perks based on the amount a player wagers. These perks can include cash or non-cash rewards such as bonuses, free spins, dedicated account managers, gifts, higher cashout limits, etc.
- Free spins: Some new or returning player promotions include free spins on select slot(s). After consuming the free spins, the remaining balance is bonus money subject to wagering requirements and bonus T&Cs.
- Tournaments: This regular player promotion involves a competition on slots or table games, including blackjack. Usually, a leaderboard is involved where players compete for the top position and a share of a prize pool.
As you can see, more goes into a positive casino experience than simply the blackjack games available. Sure, finding plenty of RNG and live blackjack game types from multiple providers is essential.
However, you also want to ensure your casino is safe & reliable and offers plenty of payment options and bonuses/promotions. Although you can research yourself, why not save time and hassle by viewing our top blackjack casinos above?
Blackjack Online Casino FAQs
- How do I know if an online blackjack casino is safe and trustworthy?
A safe and trustworthy online casino offering blackjack will have a licence from the UK Gambling Commission. The UKGC regulates most gambling, including blackjack sites, to ensure each operator we recommend encourages player safety and fairness.
- What types of blackjack games can I play at the casinos for online blackjack in the UK?
UK players typically find many types of RNG and live dealer blackjack variants from different providers. Side bets, number of card decks, rules, and betting options differentiate them.
- Can I play live dealer blackjack at online casinos in the UK?
Yes, online casinos that accept British players have live blackjack variants from several providers. Live dealer studios include Evolution Gaming, Authentic Gaming, Playtech, OnAir Entertainment and Pragmatic Play.
- How do I deposit and withdraw winnings at an online blackjack casino in the UK?
British online casino players can quickly deposit or withdraw from the site's cashier section. Choose a payment provider, deposit amount, and verify the transaction by following the payment provider's instructions.
- Do UK blackjack casinos apply handling fees to deposits or withdrawals?
Handling fees on deposits, withdrawals, or both may apply at some UK blackjack gambling websites. However, paying these charges when depositing or withdrawing is rare.
- How do I claim an online blackjack casino bonus or other promotion?
Claiming a casino offer, like a bonus or other promotion, usually occurs while depositing. It may involve entering a bonus code or choosing it by ticking a box or pulldown menu.
- What are the bonus wagering requirements at online blackjack casinos in the UK?
Each blackjack casino decides the bonus wagering requirements on blackjack and other games. It's the number of times a player must wager their bonus money or bonus money + deposit money before the remaining balance becomes cash.
- Can I play online blackjack games on my mobile device?
This popular card game is mobile-optimised for Android and iOS device browsers and casino apps.
- What are some tips for winning online blackjack?
Select the lowest house edge variants, use a blackjack cheat sheet, avoid high house edge side bets, and play games with low table limits.
- Is online blackjack legal in the UK?
Remote gambling operators may legally offer this card game and other casino games to British residents if they hold a Great Britain Gambling Authority licence.
Similar Casinos and Alternatives
- Best Casino Bonuses and Offers
- New Casino Sites UK
- Best Payout Online Casinos
- Fast Withdrawal Casino UK
- Free Spins Bonus on Registration
- Low Wagering Casino Bonuses
- Casino Cashback Bonus
- Casino Reload Bonus UK
More Casino Bonuses
- Free Spins No Wagering No Deposit
- Real Money Online Casinos
- Birthday Bonus Casino UK
- £5 Deposit Casino UK
- £10 Deposit Casino Bonus
- Best First Deposit Bonus UK
- Free £10 No Deposit Casinos
- No Deposit Casinos
- MrQ Casino
- Casushi Casino
- PlayOJO Casino
- Playzee Casino
- AHTI Games Casino
- Slotnite Casino
- AllBritish Casino
- Boku Casinos UK
- PayPal Casinos
- Pay by Phone Casinos UK
- Trustly Online Casinos
- Paysafe Casinos UK
- SMS Billing Casino