Independent Casinos in UK
Best Independent Online Casinos
70 No Wager Bonus Spins
Bonus £50 + 50 Free Spins
100% up to £200 sign-up bonus
50 Free Spins on Big Bass Splash +up to £100
10% Cashback No Wagering
50 No Wager Bonus Spins
Bonus up to £25 + 20 Free Spins
100% Bonus up to £100 + 88 Bonus Spins
80 Bonus Spins for £1 Deposit
What Are Independent Casino Sites?
Here at Wagering Advisors, you can find out everything about standalone and independent online casino sites and why they are often a better choice.
Independent casinos are online gambling companies that run on their own platform. They don’t usually have sister sites like most big companies do, and are run by independent companies and owners.
Almost all casino operators and betting companies in UK are regulated by UKGC, the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. They are all governed in terms of features offered, fair gambling, as well as bonuses they grant to players.
On the other side, most independent casinos are not bound by the same strict terms of the UKGC and because of it, they offer sometimes lower wagering requirements, and players do not have to play and cash out by going through complex KYC procedures. The ones that have obtained a UKGC license are extra safe to use.
So, while traditional casino sites offer the seal and control of the UKGC to provide you with more safety, independent sites tend to have better bonuses and promotions, as well as player rewards.
IS IT SAFE TO GAMBLE AT INDEPENDENT ONLINE CASINOS?
The majority of casinos these days launch their brand on white label casino platforms. However, there are some who decide to build their site from the ground up. These are the independent casinos. In most cases, independent casinos don’t use a third party platform.
One of the downsides of gambling at such sites is the However, if you find a certified and well-rated casino, you can have a much better experience than gambling on traditional online sites.
You can legally play at an independent casino site that you know is safe to use, has its certification and license.
Our Evalution Of Independent Casino Sites
Here is a detailed list of steps that we always follow to make sure that you get the most original, insightful reviews:
- Check the site’s reputation on numerous trusted websites online.
- Look for certification of the independent casino site. What kind of licence does the site have?
- Check for the return-to-player ratio for casino games.
- Look through the list of gaming options and software developers to see what casino offers to players.
- Search for promotions and bonuses. You should be able to claim good bonuses from such sites, but only as long as they have reasonable wagering requirements.
- Reach out to the customer support to see how fast the response is.
- Check all available payment methods. Check if this site offers fast and safe withdrawals.
Our top picks for independent casino sites
Wagering Advisors team provides detailed reviews of both old and new UK independent casinos.
Our team of experts has tested and analysed each casino to ensure that it meets our high standards of fairness, security, and overall quality.
Here are some of the independent online casino sites that we strongly recommend.
This is a relatively new online casino and it’s owned by Dazzletag Entertainment Ltd. It is licensed in the UK and it’s not a small operator by any means. Their lobby features over 400 games that come from well-established software providers. The welcome bonus has high wagering requirements, but the VIP program is very rewarding.
A reputable independent online casino since 2017, owned by Skill On Net Ltd. Lots of popular games in all categories. PlayOJO awards players with 50 free spins and there are no wagering requirements attached.
Established by White Hat Gaming Limited in 2019 Slotnite is another independent casino licensed in Great Britain. It really lives up to its name as there are over a thousand slot games available. There is a generous welcome bonus with 35x playthrough requirements and as your account levels up you will unlock different VIP perks.
Owned by L & L Europe Ltd, Hyper has been around since 2019. It is licensed by both the UKGC and Malta Gambling Commission, and it boasts a big game selection. There are lots of ongoing bonus offers, and a big promotion for new users, but the wagering requirements are 45x bonus amount. Moreover, Hyper still doesn’t have a VIP program.
VideoSlots is one of the few greatly rated independent casinos out there. They offer a mixed welcome bonus that consists of 11 free spins and a 100% match bonus up to $200. This is also a low deposit site where you can gamble with only $10 to claim the bonus offer. They are licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority.
Lindar Media, the brand behind MRQ is actually licensed by the UKGC. This independent casino site offers players 10 free spins with their first deposits. This might sound like a small offer at first, but it’s actually a no wagering bonus, which means that you can claim your winnings any time you want. The site also has many games to offer its players.
Advantages of Choosing Independent Casino Sites
Casino operators who are independent are forced to compete against bigger companies. Since it’s harder for them to afford to compete with bigger brands, they tend to double down on unique welcome and ongoing promotions.
- Independent casino companies are more likely to have diverse and appealing bonuses for both new and regular players.
- They can have similar promotions to big brand operators but with more favourable wagering requirements or other terms like higher max bet amounts or higher limits on withdrawals.
- They might collaborate with less-known gaming studios, which means you’ll get access to content you haven’t seen before.
- More generous VIP/Loyalty program, especially true for new operators as they have a greater demand for steady cash flow.
New Independent Casino Sites in the UK
Wagering Advisors is constantly updating casino lists with reviews and is always on the lookout for new and promising independent casino sites in the UK.
Below you can find brand new independent casino sites we added recently:
Bonus £50 + 50 Free Spins
100% match bonus up to £100
£100 Bonus + 100 Free Spins
Payment Methods at Standalone Casinos in the UK
Independent casinos aren’t all based in the UK, some of them operate in off-shore jurisdictions. They are still licensed and regulated, but they don’t answer to the UK Gambling Commission. This isn’t ideal, but it isn’t necessarily a bad thing either. The platforms are still a safe choice, but at the same time, they are less accessible.
This also means you will be making international payments, and your deposit and withdrawal options will be more limited. Still, you can expect to see reliable banking methods:
UK Gambling Statistics
The gambling statistics in UK remain to be impressive. Ever since gambling was allowed legally as a pastime activity, more and more players have been joining the gamblers’ circle. As soon as online casino sites became available, this has become more accessible and naturally, more frequented. Here are some stats:
GGY or total gross gambling yield of the online gambling industry is £14.3 billion measured between October of 2018 and September of 2019. If we exclude lotteries, this number goes down to £10.5 billion.
This industry employs around 98.174 employees in Great Britain.
There were 9.745 premises for gambling and 7.315 betting shops in Great Britain in 2019.
GGY for gaming machines in UK is £2.5 billion in September 2019, out of which B2 machines are £624 million and B3 machines are £1.3 billion. Remote betting yields £2.1 billion and remote bingo £198 million.
Compared to land-based casinos that account for £1.1 billion, online casinos have been very popular in the past couple of years. Some reasons for this include flexibility, easy access, as well as wide list of gaming options and bonuses that are only available online.
Independent online casinos can provide a much more varied and rewarding experience while playing casino games than the standard casino brands.
With top quality games, absolutely fair and often exclusive bonuses, and plenty of entertainment, independent UK casinos offer fantastic opportunities for players that go far beyond any of their counterparts.
Don’t limit yourself to the same old casino sites; explore more independent casinos to find one that fits your preferences. Take advantage of our independent online casino guide and start exploring the best independent casinos in the UK today!
- Are independent casinos legit and safe to play at?
- Yes. Some independent casinos have obtained a UKGC license, but not all of them. Even so, it is legal and safe to gamble at any site that has a good reputation and certifications. The sites we’ve rated highly are known for their fair practices and safe to use.
- Is it safe to provide personal and banking details at such casinos?
- Yes. As long as you choose a reliable and safe site, you can feel safe about providing your personal and banking information. The sites we reviewed feature advanced security protocols like SSL technology.
- Are there independent online casinos that are licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission?
- Yes, there are lots of independent online casino sites that are directly regulated by the UKGC. There are also those that are available in the UK but don’t necessarily have a UK licence.
- Is there a customer support team available if I have any issues?
- Usually yes, but if you are playing on an offshore site then their customer support team might be harder to reach. This is due to a potential time zone difference.
- What types of games can I play at an independent casino site?
- Casinos host games from different software developers. So more often than not the game lobby will feature the content you expect. Some independent casinos might host slots or other games from less-known developers, so in this instance, the content will be different.
Similar Casinos and Alternatives
- Best Casino Bonuses and Offers
- New Casino Sites UK
- Best Payout Online Casinos
- Fast Withdrawal Casino UK
- Free Spins Bonus on Registration
- Low Wagering Casino Bonuses
- Casino Cashback Bonus
- Casino Reload Bonus UK
More Casino Bonuses
- Free Spins No Wagering No Deposit
- Real Money Online Casinos
- Birthday Bonus Casino UK
- £5 Deposit Casino UK
- £10 Deposit Casino Bonus
- Best First Deposit Bonus UK
- Free £10 No Deposit Casinos
- No Deposit Casinos
- MrQ Casino
- Gala Bingo Casino
- Casushi Casino
- PlayOJO Casino
- Playzee Casino
- AHTI Games Casino
- Slotnite Casino
- AllBritish Casino
- Boku Casinos UK
- PayPal Casinos
- Pay by Phone Casinos UK
- Trustly Online Casinos
- Paysafe Casinos UK
- SMS Billing Casino