INDEPENDENT PLATFORM ONLINE CASINOS IN THE UK
IS IT LEGAL TO GAMBLE AT INDEPENDENT CASINOS UK?
Most independent UK casinos lack the protection from UKGC, but this does not make them illegal to play at. British gamblers are not limited to gambling at sites that are licensed by UKGC. You can legally play at an independent site that you know is safe to use, has its certification and license, as well as a good reputation with other gamblers. You should also check if regulations of such sites allow for international players to gamble.
As long as you choose an independent casino that follows gaming regulators’ rules, you can play there safely and gamble for a big win.
BEST INDEPENDENT ONLINE CASINOS UK
STATISTICS OF UK GAMBLING
The gambling statistics in UK remain to be impressive. Ever since gambling was allowed legally as a pastime activity, more and more players have been joining the gamblers’ circle. As soon as online casino sites became available, this has become more accessible and naturally, more frequented. Here are some stats:
- GGY or total gross gambling yield of the online gambling industry is £14.3 billion measured between October of 2018 and September of 2019. If we exclude lotteries, this number goes down to £10.5 billion.
- This industry employs around 98.174 employees in Great Britain.
- There were 9.745 premises for gambling and 7.315 betting shops in Great Britain in 2019.
- GGY for gaming machines in UK is £2.5 billion in September 2019, out of which B2 machines are £624 million and B3 machines are £1.3 billion. Remote betting yields £2.1 billion and remote bingo £198 million.
Compared to land-based casinos that account for £1.1 billion, online casinos have been very popular in the past couple of years. Some reasons for this include flexibility, easy access, as well as wide list of gaming options and bonuses that are only available online.
WHAT ARE INDEPENDENT CASINO SITES?
Independent casinos are online gambling companies that run on their own platform. They don’t have sister sites like most big companies do, and are run by independent companies and owners. These are not as frequent as other websites, but some can offer you same quality of experience – maybe even more.
Almost all gambling sites and betting companies in UK are regulated by UKGC, the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. They are all governed in terms of features offered, fair gambling, as well as bonuses they grant to players.
On the other side, most independent casinos are not bound by the same strict terms of the UKGC and because of it, they offer more flexible wagering requirements, and players do not have to play and cash out by going through complex KYC procedures. The ones that have obtained a UKGC license are extra safe to use.
So, while traditional casino sites offer the seal and control of the UKGC to provide you with more safety, independent sites tend to have better bonuses and promotions, as well as player rewards.
IS IT SAFE TO GAMBLE AT INDEPENDENT ONLINE CASINOS?
The majority of casinos these days launch their brand on white label casino platforms. However, there are some who decide to build their site from the ground up. These are the independent casinos. In most cases, independent casinos don’t use a third party platform and this is their attempt at creating a big site from scratch.
One of the downsides of gambling at such sites is the lack of protection from the UKGC. You’ll have limited options for recourse in case of problems that occur on offshore casinos. However, if you find a certified and well-rated site, you can have a much better experience than gambling on traditional online sites.
OUR EVALUATION OF INDEPENDENT CASINO SITES
One of the best options for selecting a great side is by checking their ratings. This is our first step when we evaluate independent, or any other casino sites for that matter. Here is a detailed list of steps that we always follow to make sure that you get the most original, insightful reviews:
- Check the site’s reputation on numerous trusted websites online.
- Look for certification of the independent casino site. Check if any companies stand behind this casino brand, and check their background.
- Does the site have a license and what kind? Is it a sketchy license or one from a renowned licensing body?
- Check for the return-to-player ratio for casino games and see if they have a favourable house edge.
- Look through the list of gaming options and software developers to see what it offers to players.
- Search for promotions and bonuses. You should be able to claim high bonuses from such sites, but only as long as they have reasonable wagering requirements.
- Reach out to the customer support to see how good it is.
- Check and make a list of all available payment methods. Check if this site offers fast and safe withdrawals or not.
TOP 3 CHOICES OF INDEPENDENT CASINO SITES
VideoSlots is one of the few greatly rated independent casinos out there. They offer a mixed welcome bonus that consists of 11 free spins and a 100% match bonus up to $200. This is also a low deposit site where you can gamble with only $10 to claim the bonus offer. They are licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority.
Lindar Media, the brand behind MRQ is actually licensed by the UKGC. This independent casino site offers players 10 free spins with their first deposits. This might sound like a small offer at first, but it’s actually a no wagering bonus, which means that you can claim your winnings any time you want. The site also has many games to offer its players.
Volt Casino has very generous offers for new players. Their welcome package combines 300 free spins on a selected slot machine and a match bonus up to $300. On this site, you can choose between hundreds of high-quality games. It is licensed and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority.
NEW INDEPENDENT CASINO SITES UK
- Are independent casinos legit and safe to play at?
- Yes. Some independent casinos have obtained a UKGC license, but not all of them. Even so, it is legal and safe to gamble at any site that has a good reputation and certifications. The sites we’ve rated highly are known for their fair practices and safe to use.
- Is it safe to provide personal and banking details at such casinos?
- Yes. As long as you choose a reliable and safe site, you can feel safe about providing your personal and banking information. The sites we reviewed feature advanced security protocols like SSL technology.
- What are the perks of gambling at an independent casino?
- Despite the layer of security that a UKGC license offers, many gamblers these days look for independent casino sites as an alternative. To be more, overseas independent websites do not have the same strict conditions and terms of UKGC and are more flexible to players. They offer more bonuses and promotions, and offer more anonymity and privacy.