Best AstroPay Casinos in the UK: Complete Guide
Explore our go-to guide to learn how you benefit with AstroPay payments while gambling. Check the curated list of top AstroPay casinos
Top picks for online casinos that accept AstroPay
Best UK AstroPay casinos
AstroPay is a secure and private way to fund your gaming account if you’re UK-based. More AstroPay casino operators and players are open to this method, given its recent increase in popularity.
Research has shown that 3% of online payments in the UK are made via the wallet, and the number is expected to grow. So, let’s learn all about AstroPay casino sites, their limits, benefits, and more right on this page.
Overview of AstroPay as a payment method
AstroPay launched in 2009 in Brazil. The brand was oriented on the market in Latin America for years before expanding globally.
It has also accessed the UK market, where it has entered sponsorship deals with popular football teams like Newcastle United and Wolverhampton Wanderers.
One of AstroPay’s spheres of interest is the UK’s vibrant iGaming sector, where dozens of AstroPay casinos have emerged. Visa, MasterCard, Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Visa are just a few of the available services you can integrate with your AstroPay wallet.
It’s a versatile payment platform, allowing you to purchase exclusive cards, earn loyalty points, and benefit from its lenient commission policy.
The numerous awards are indicative of the premium quality of AstroPay’s services. Among its many accolades is a bronze award at the 2023 Global Gaming Awards for top casino payment method. We must mention the innovation award at the 2020 SBC Awards, too.
Our team at Wagering Advisors compiled the main highlights of AstroPay gambling into a quick list of pros and cons.
Here are some of the major benefits of using AstroPay:
- No fees for international transfers.
- Instant transfer notifications.
- You can earn loyalty points (AstroPoints).
- Transfers possible in multiple currencies, including GBP.
- Certain benefits of using the AstroPay app (available for Android or iOS).
- Integrations with conventional payment methods (Apple Pay, Visa, MasterCard).
AstroPay is not ideal, and there are a few possible disadvantages you should take note of:
- Possible casino bonus restrictions on AstroPay deposits.
- Not every UK casino accepts AstroPay.
- Withdrawals can take up to four days.
Using AstroPay at casino sites
To make a successful deposit at an AstroPay casino in the UK, you must open an AstroPay account. Here’s the gist of the process:
- Download the AstroPay app or visit the website and click Sign Up.
- Provide your phone number.
- Select a deposit amount and a preferred deposit method.
- Activate the code you receive via SMS.
- Create a password.
- Provide personal details and confirm your identity.
Depositing at AstroPay casinos
- Carefully choose a casino that accepts AstroPay.
- Sign up and complete the mandatory verification process.
- To top up by AstroPay, select the AstroPay icon in the Cashier.
- Provide your phone number and confirmation code.
- Provide your AstroPay details.
- Tap the relevant button to confirm the AstroPay casino deposit.
- Wait for the funds to be transferred to your gaming account.
Withdrawing via AstroPay
- Log into your casino account.
- Navigate to the Cashier section.
- Select ‘Withdrawal/Cashout’.
- Input your cashout amount.
- Authorise the transfer using your AstroPay credentials.
- Input the SMS verification code to confirm.
Note from Wagering Advisors: AstroPay isn’t the best option for getting your money out quickly. If that’s important to you, check out our list of trusted fast payout gambling sites available in the UK.
Things to consider when making AstroPay payments
There are a few ground rules about playing at an AstroPay online casino that you ought to know before you settle on this method. For your convenience, we list and briefly explain them below.
- Read the house rules – All AstroPay casino sites determine their banking policy at their discretion. Getting informed on the relevant banking particulars is necessary to avoid common mistakes and transfer delays.
- Typical minimum deposit – Most AstroPay deposit casinos have a £10 minimum deposit limit. The deposit limits can go as low as £5 or as high as £20, so keep your eyes open.
- Max payment limits – The ceiling of AstroPay payment limits can vary from casino to casino. The average maximum amount should be somewhere in the £5,000-10,000 range. This amount should be enough for most players.
- Fees – AstroPay itself has no transfer fees, and many top AstroPay casino operators follow suit. Yet, some betting companies reserve the right to charge administrative fees and currency exchange fees.
- Withdrawal speed – Depending on the casino’s internal processing and pending policy, AstroPay withdrawals can take anywhere from a few minutes to up to four days. Those ‘days’ are business days, meaning the casino will likely not consider the request on a weekend or a holiday.
- Cash-out verifications – Withdrawing can be a nuisance, even at the best AstroPay casinos, and this is mainly for your benefit. Casinos may initiate occasional and additional withdrawal verification checks as a standard security measure.
Discovering the top AstroPay casino for your playing style
Wagering Advisors strives to always keep you in the loop about the best AstroPay casinos in the UK. A few ranking criteria are at the centre of each review, helping us determine the individual value of operators. However, you should also consider some specific factors based on your personal preferences.
- Reputation – Visit trusted casino reviews like the ones on Wagering Advisors to see the general opinion about a given casino. As a general rule, we recommend only trusted brands, but it’s still good to be cautious.
- No AstroPay fees – Many of the best AstroPay casino sites charge no AstroPay processing fees. Currency conversion or inactivity commission is common, but we advise staying away from operators that impose needless fees on every AstroPay transfer.
- Game selection – Once you’ve set up your banking dilemmas, the casino becomes your playground, and you want it to be as versatile as possible. Start by exploring the games, and then check the game providers. The more, the merrier, and the more diverse the game library.
- Mobile experience – We are fully aware of the need for proper mobile optimisation in iGaming. Even with a lack of a native iOS/Android app, the casino must provide HTML optimisation to enable browser-based access.
- Accepts withdrawals via AstroPay – To avoid the possible hurdles of choosing a different payment method, it’s preferable to select a casino that supports AstroPay withdrawals. More importantly, the cashouts should be fee-free.
- Safe gambling tools – Despite its transfer limits, AstroPay casino sites can still allow sizable deposits, which may lead to overspending. The casino should provide you with the necessary tools, such as transfer limits and session reminders, so that you can play with moderation.
Game offer at AstroPay casino sites
There’s no shortage of games at AstroPay casinos; that much is certain. The usual categories include slots, new games, jackpots, table games, and live dealer games.
Some casinos have separate subcategories of some games, such as Drops & Wins slots. Megaways slots are also prominently available, but you may need to find them through the search bar.
Blackjack, roulette, and baccarat dominate the live casino and table games categories. Each game offers numerous variants with adjusted odds, more betting options, better graphics, and added features.
You can also explore alternative gaming options such as Slingo slots, game shows, and scratch cards.
Bonuses and promotions
Depending on the casino, your access to bonuses through AstroPay may vary. There may be some restrictions, but most operators allow access to bonuses with AstroPay payments.
Here are three common bonus categories typically featured at AstroPay gambling sites.
- Welcome packages – Exclusive new player deals can include free spins, cash bonuses, or both. The minimum AstroPay first deposit bonus amount is typically between £10 and £20, but the limit can vary.
- Ongoing promotions and perks – Every offer that is not a welcome or a first-deposit bonus can be considered an ongoing promo. A few examples are reload bonuses, referral bonuses, weekly spins, and tournament prizes.
- Cashback – The thought of losing never escapes players. It’s a fact of gambling. But a few of the best AstroPay gambling sites offer cashback deals that can help you mitigate your losses.
Note from Wagering Advisors: If you’re having second thoughts about claiming a deposit bonus, you can always find a no deposit deal that suits you.
AstroPay casino alternatives
There are plenty of conveniences of using casino sites that accept AstroPay. But it’s helpful to consider alternative methods and weigh the benefits and drawbacks to see which option comes on top. Here are a few AstroPay alternatives you can look into:
- PayPal – Unlike AstroPay, PayPal withdrawals are often faster, but you may have to pay internal fees when using the service. The two are relatively comparable. Like AstroPay, PayPal guarantees privacy and transfer safety, but it’s much more widely accepted.
- Apple Pay – If you’re using an iPhone or an iPad, there’s arguably no better option to handle your payments than Apple Pay. Some of the main characteristics of Apple Pay casinos are its secure and fee-free transfers, standardised verification protocols, and quick deposits.
- Trustly – Trustly is perfect for those who prefer handling their gambling budget through their bank account. The method lets you deposit and cash out quickly, in most cases, instantly. There are no bonus restrictions to bother with when using Trustly.
Final thoughts on AstroPay casinos
Wagering Advisors recommends AstroPay for your online gaming needs. UK casino sites rarely charge internal AstroPay fees and generally don’t impose AstroPay bonus restrictions.
The withdrawal turnaround, which can take up to four days, is perhaps the only disadvantage worth noting. By contrast, the in-house benefits and loyalty rewards of using AstroPay serve as additional motivators.
So, what’s next? Well, check out the bonuses at the best AstroPay casinos in the UK and find one tailored to your gaming needs.
- Best PayPal Casinos
- Best Pay by Phone Casinos
- Best Trustly Casinos UK
- Best Paysafe Casinos UK
- Best Casinos with SMS Deposits
- Best Payout Casinos UK
- Under 1 Hour Withdrawal Casino UK
More Casino Bonuses
- Best Casino Bonuses and Offers
- Free Spins Bonus on Registration
- Low Wagering Casinos UK
- £1 Deposit Casinos
- £5 Deposit Casinos
- £2 Minimum Deposit Casinos
- £3 Minimum Deposit Casinos
- Mobile Casinos UK
- MrQ Casino Bonus
- Casushi Casino Bonus
- PlayOJO Casino Bonus
- Playzee Casino Bonus
- AHTI Games Casino Bonus
- Slotnite Casino Bonus
- AllBritish Casino Bonus