How Do Megaways Slots Work?
Megaways slot games have been around since 2016, initially introduced in the first Megaways game called Dragon Born by Big Time Gaming. Megaways Technology is based on a random reel modifier that changes the number of symbols on each reel from one spin to the next. In basic terms, it increases the number of ways you can win through, ranging from hundreds of thousands to even millions of way through which you can win big on any of the different slot games that take advantage of this technology. Some of these games can even feature over a million ways of winning, when compared to the traditional 20 to 50 lines, is a lot more.
The Game developed by Big Time Gaming known as Fruit Bonanza, has 117.649 ways of letting the player win, and is one of the first games to get mainstream attention and fame and truly skyrocket this format to the one we know and love today. Other developers, such as Play’n GO, have taken this concept to the next level with their title known as Laser Fruit which offers 60.466.176 ways of winning the games.
These casino slots work in the way during which the number of symbols on each reel are multiplied together. These give you the final number of ways to win. The number of symbols on Reel 1, is multiplied by the number of symbols on Reel 2, and then that product is multiplied by the number of symbols on Reel 3, and this goes on and on. Calculating the ways in which you can win is actually interesting and can be done by just about anyone as the process itself is quite simple to follow.
Here is an example to explain this in further detail.
- Reel 1 has 5 symbols
- Reel 2 has 6 symbols
- Reel 3 has 3 symbols
- Reel 4 has 2 symbols
- Reel 5 has 5 symbols
- Reel 6 has 6 symbols
In addition, you do the math like followed:
- 5 x 6 = 30
- 30 x 3 = 90
- 90 x 2 = 180
- 180 x 5 = 900
- 900 x 6 = 5.400
This would mean that there are 5.400 ways of winning.
This should give you a better understanding of how everything works, so the next time you decide to experience a slots game of this kind, you yourself can find out what your chances of winning are, however, keep in mind that most developers and casinos have listed this information in the description of each game, so you should not have any issues figuring out which game is right for you. Just like in regular slots, here you can also win several paylines at a time. In Megaways slots, there are many more ways to win, and you can cut down on your calculations by counting the winning symbol on each reel.
The Paylines Megaways Offers Explained
When it comes to paylines, every single one of the reels within the slot games are dynamic.This means that there is a different number of symbols on each reel on every single spin. The Gameplay varies with each playthrough and this creates a different array of symbols within each individual reel. The symbols are multiplied across the reels to create thousands of ways to win, with any adjacent symbols from left to right multiplied for massive win potential.
Bonuses And Different Features Of Megaways Slots
There are a lot of features and bonuses that differentiate the Megaways slots from the rest and truly make it a unique experience for just about anyone. By far the biggest features and bonuses of playing these slots is the thousands if not millions of ways through which you can win at them. With Megaways games, the slot games display the potential ways you win on every single spin. These numbers are commonly found in a box at the top of the screen. Not all of the games however have the same amount of potential ways to win. While on some you may find yourself having 117.649 ways of winning, some can offer up to a million ways, and others might offer less. The best way to figure out what each slots game offers is to individually analyze them and be informed before making your next gamble.
Most Megaways slots UK feature a base game and a bonus round. The game starts with the base game, and you can land features that win you real money or free games. The bonus round Is where it gets exciting, as there’s a cascading feature that replaces winning symbols continually. This can continue up to a maximum of 12 symbols where you receive free spins. If the symbol appears again, the cycle happens once more up to five times. Apart from these free spins, you can trigger multipliers of 50x, 70x or 100x your initial stake.
The Most Popular Megaways Slots Developers
Once the technology got out and was pioneered, a lot of developers realized the potential that this can bring to the casino and specifically the slots experience as a whole. There are a lot of developers who have acquired the license to develop Megaways slots, and as such, some of these developers stand out from the pact and offer a Megaways experience like no other.
As such, here are the most popular developers whose games you should play:
- Relax Gaming,
- Storm Gaming,
- Fantasma Games,
- Red Tiger.
New Megaways Slots June 2022
|Crystal Cavern Megaways||Pragmatic Play||96.46%|
|Jingle Megaways||Red Tiger Gaming||96.69%/td>|
|Pirate Pays Megaways||SG Digital||96.55%|
Best Megaways Slots To Play
Most Popular Megaways Slots List
A lot of Megaways slots have been developed to take advantage of this technology and bring the overall player experience to the next level, allowing them to both win big and have a lot of fun in doing so. Developers have truly picked up the pace and brought a lot of high-quality games to the market, and here are some of the best ones out there.
AZTEC GOLD MEGAWAYS
This game comes with a backstory, which explores ancient temples in search for treasure. To get this treasure, you need to place a bet.
Stakes are calculated by coin value from total spin values of 20 c/p up to £/€20 each.
- The RTP sits at 95.99%, and the volatility is in the medium-high range.
- You gain 3-7 rows on each of the 6 reels and up to 117.649 ways of winning.
- The Maximum Payout is 19.200x in the base game.
This is an excellent game that offers 6-reel gold mine themed slots.
- It features a staggering amount of paylines, specifically up to 117.649.
- It can be played from 0.20 to €/£20 per each spin
- It features an RTP of 96.00% with volatility in the high range.
- The maximum payout of this slots game is 12.000x.
EXTRA CHILLI MEGAWAYS
This Big Time Gaming video slot game offers 6 reels and up to 117.649 paylines.
- You can bet from 0.20 to €/£50
- There is a high RTP of 96.15%, which can increase to 96.82% in the bonus rounds and high volatility.
- The top payout of 20.000x your triggering bet.
GODS OF OLYMPUS MEGAWAYS
This game stands out with its Zeus Power Spins and Bonus Thunder Free Spins with 4 different bonus rounds.
- It is a 6-reel slot that can produce up to 15.625 paylines with high volatility from €/£10 per spin.
- It features an RTP of 96.03%.
- The maximum payout of this game is 10.000x.
RAINBOW RICHES MEGAWAYS
The Rainbow Riches Megaways stands out with the fact that it is actually a remake of the iconic Rainbow Riches slot and has Super Gem Bonus, Free Spins Bonus and Feature Buy.
- It is a 6-reel slots game with 117.649 was of winning and all bets can be made from 20 cents to €/£20 per spin.
- It has an RTP of 95.90% and volatility that is medium to high.
- The maximum payout is 10.000x+ up to a cap of 250.000€.
CAPTAIN RIZK MEGAWAYS
In this game, Captain Rizk gets his personal Megaways powered slot which is an amazing way to experience this game.
It includes Mystery Rizk symbols and Free Spins with progressive multipliers.
- Bets can be made from 10 p/c up to €/£10 per spin.
- The RP is 95.65 and it has high volatility.
- The maximum win is 10.489x.
Best RTP Megaways Slots
|White Rabbit Megaways||Big Time Gaming||97.27%|
|Gorilla Gold Megaways||Blueprint||97.00%|
|Genie Jackpots Megaways||Blueprint||96.52%|
|8 Golden Skulls of Holly Roger||Microgaming||96,86%|
|Rock The Reels Megaways||Iron Dog||96.70%|
- What is RTP amount in the Megaway Slots?
- The RTP of slots varies from game to game, and there is no definitive answer, however, all of them tend to be over 96%. Keep in mind that you should always check the RTP of each game you intend to play before actually starting to play the game, this way you will know exactly what you can expect from that specific slots experience.
- How Much Can You Win at the Maximum During Your Playing Sessions on Megaways Slots?
- In practice, the maximum payouts from a game is usually limited to a cap of 250.000€. or 10.000x the value of your bet.
- Who Owns the Megaways Trademark?
- BTG licenses its U.S. patented mechanic and MegaWays trademark. Pioneering online slot developer, Big Time Gaming, shares its trademark and U.S. patented IP with sports suppliers after signing a deal to license its U.S. patented MegaWays mechanic to Red Tiger Gaming.
- Can Megaways Slots Be Played and Enjoyed for Free?
- A lot of games that feature the Megaways mechanic are free to experience in demo mode, where you can play the game before making a bet with real money, allowing you to experience what its like to hit the bonus rounds and Max Megaways spin.
- Can A Player Try Free Megaways Slots?
- Yes, a gambler can try demo Megaways slots on most of online casinos.
- Can A Player Get Megaways Free Spins?
- Yes, but these promotions are usually limited in time and aren`t available at all online casinos with Megaways.
- Megaways slots list not Covered by Gamstop?
- There are a few Megaways slots not covered by Gamstop, and these are the following titles: Bonanza Megaways, Primal Megaways, Fishin’ Frenzy Megaways.