Guide To Mastercard Casino Payment Method
Mastercard is one of the most popular payment methods in almost all industries around the globe, and the same applies to the casino industry. Using a credit or debit Mastercard for depositing and withdrawing funds when gambling is among the top most-used options. As a matter of fact, any online casino that accepts this method could testify about it. Find out how safe is this casino payment method, what types of Mastercards are there, and much more in this review!
Is Mastercard a Trustworthy Payment Method for Online Gambling Needs?
If you are considering using an online casino Mastercard as a payment method, you should know that it is a safe and secure option. Considering online casino Mastercard acceptance and popularity in the iGaming world for both depositing and withdrawing, this brand still manages to have a spotless reputation. The services offered by the brand come with high-level protection which allows gamblers to bet and play safely.
What other Casino Payment Options are There?
The gambling industry greatly depends on banking methods and payment providers. That’s why a majority of licensed casinos out there offer widely used payment methods to attract new users. Here are some other alternatives various casinos offer:
- Visa card
- Wire bank transfer
Available Mastercard Card Types
Being one of the preferred payment methods globally, it is constantly expanding its offer of available cards. By improving the quality of each new card and service available, they have safely kept their leading role in the world of money transfers. Their current available cards could be divided into two categories – business and personal use.
One of the most popular cards for online casino visitors is their debit card, but the brand also offers a Mastercard gift card casino for gambling enthusiasts. Sometimes users apply for one just for using it for online gambling. If this is your case, then before getting your MasterCard debit casino card it is recommended to check the available payment methods for your desired casino.
- Casino Mastercard Standard
- Casino Mastercard Gold
- Casino Mastercard Platinum
- Casino Mastercard World
- Casino Mastercard World Elite
How Popular is Mastercard According to Statistics?
If we take a look at some of the statistics, we can see that the popularity of this payment method is in continuous growth. Their annual revenue, as well as their net income, has been increasing from 2013 to 2018, which is an indicator of new users and more transactions. In 2017 it was reported that top 3 industries that use payment by card in the UK are retail, fashion, and online gaming. Nowadays, over 78% of UK residents use cards as a method of payment.
The Latest News From Mastercard
Amazon Teams up with Mastercard to Replace Physical Card Numbers with Tokens
The partnership between the two happened to allow the tokenization of card credentials in some parts of the US, the Middle East, and also Europe. What this does is replacing the numbers on physical cards with certain tokens for safer transactions. This service is currently available and more and more users request usage of tokens all around the world.
Bittrex Global Partnership with Mastercard for Funding Exchange Accounts
To enable users to fund their exchange accounts via yet another great payment method, Bittrex Global teamed up with Mastercard. With a processing fee of 3%, various users from different parts of the world will be able to use this cryptocurrency exchange platform by opting for Mastercard. The main reason behind it all is increased accessibility and acceptance of DLT technology.
Guide to Depositing Funds using Mastercard
Making a deposit in an online casino with this banking option is not hard at all. In fact, the procedure is similar to using any other credit or debit card. Here are the steps you will have to take to deposit funds with this payment method:
- Go to the section of the website where you can add a payment method and selects Mastercard
- Type in the necessary details such as your name, card number, expiry date, and CVV
- Add the amount you want to deposit and confirm
- The amount will be available instantly
- The minimum and the maximum amount you can deposit depends on the chosen provider
Using Mastercard to Withdraw Funds From an Online Casino that Accepts Mastercard
In order, to withdraw funds from any casino account using your card, you will have to go through similar steps as for depositing. Take a look at what you might need to do in order to get the winnings via this payment method:
- Initiate the withdrawal process and fill in the details
- Insert your card numbers, name, expiry month and year, and a CVV number
- The waiting time for withdrawal can vary from one operator to another. It can last up to 5 business days
- Important to note, the majority of online casinos only allow the use of the same card as used for depositing
- Withdrawal limits and time will vary from one casino brand to another
Good and Bad Sides of Using Mastercard as a Casino Payment Method
When talking about the good sides of using a Mastercard as a casino payment option, there are plenty of them. This casino payment method is easy to use, convenient, and secure. In addition, almost any casino out there accepts this banking option, and it is available worldwide. Both depositing and withdrawing of funds could be done effortlessly and you can opt for a credit card and pay afterward.
On the other hand, card users won’t always be able to withdraw their winnings from online casinos. Some online casinos don’t allow withdrawals using this card, so the players will have to check for that when they select the preferred operator. The risk of overspending is another disadvantage of not only Mastercard but any other credit card.
- Does Using Mastercard for Deposits and Withdrawals Come with Fees?
- Yes. Depending on the Mastercard as well the online casino in question there might also be an extra one-time charge on your deposit. Before using your card on the desired gambling site, it is recommended that you check the policies of that online casino and available methods of payment.
- Does the UKGC Ban Affect the Ability to Use Mastercard for Casino Payments?
- Due to the UKGC ban, you can still use MasterCard for online casino payments in the UK, as long as it’s a debit card. The main difference between a credit card and a debit card is that with a debit card you are using the money that you already have on your account. In that way, any fraudulent activities with your MasterCard are being avoided.